Re: X on laptop going nuts

Paul Puschmann wrote:
Try to use the nv drivers for your XFree86 and not the nvidia driver.

Doing so now.

If the problem is gone, try to reinstall your nvidia-binary-drivers.

I do not believe this to be the problem directly, as I always upgrade my driver with each nvidia release and this has been happening since more than a few releases ago.

See this document:
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/installation.html

I chose the way via module-assistant and everything works great.

Haven't tried this method yet, will consider if I find the nvidia drivers to be the problem.

-sime