Re: Possible ACPI and AC adaptor problem.

Le mardi 26 avril 2005 à 17:20 -0500, reid mumford a écrit :
> In an update from the unstable repository, my computer picked up a bit
> of a glitch that i've had some trouble tracking down.
>
> Every 5 seconds, my computer hangs for a split second.  It is most
> annoying because the touchpad doesn't respond and is therefore quite
> jumpy.    I can see the glitches clearly, every 5 seconds, in my cpu
> and proc monitors via gkrellm.

I had the same problem with many late kernel version. The only thing
that seems to fix this is to remove both cpufreqd and cpufreq module
from your system.

I don't have any explanation for this, but the one that cpufreq is
buggy.

It is quite anoying also because, of course, you don't have any dynamic
CPU frequency control after that.

If someone is more technical than me and would like to report that bug
in a proper way to the cpufreq team, that would be lovely, because
actually I don't know what to tell them.

Yannick