Re: symclient does'nt work

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:59:18PM +0200, Christian Stalp wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> I have some trouble with my synaptics-touchpad. To enable my symclient I
> startet with:
> synclient -h
> Hardware properties:
> Can't detect hardware properties.
> This is normal if you are running linux kernel 2.6.
> Check the kernel log for touchpad hardware information.

so, what's wrong? did you try any other synclient option?
(eg: synclient -l or setting any value and check if ok? the easiest one
is probably TouchpadOff)

> ... so I made this:
> chris@venus:~$ dmesg | grep touchpad
> 180 degree mounted touchpad

a 'grep -i' would be more lucky :)
# dmesg | grep -i touchpad
Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1
 Touchpad has extended capability bits
input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad on isa0060/serio1

--
mattia
:wq!