Re: Kernel 2.6 on Inspiron 6000

On Monday 25 April 2005 13:34, khoueiry wrote:

> In fact, I installed via apt-get the kernel image 2.6.8 (for i686) but I
> have the Kernel Panic error for this image... I changed in the grub boot
> loader /dev/hdax to /dev/sdax  but nothing happened. In fact, can I
> change from 2.4 with i386 to 2.6 with i686 or not ?  The error code is
> 431 with message indicating that /dev/console can't be found  ... I make
> MAKEDEV console but nothing changed

I'm sure you _can_ but I don't know how, I'm afraid.  When I installed kubuntu
(with 2.6.10) I also put my partitions under the Logical Volume manager, so
kubuntu installed lilo (doesn't seem possible to make Grub recognize these
partitions - probably a mistake on my part!), so I also don't have a grub
config.  My lilo.conf is attached, in case it helps:
--
derek
boot=/dev/sda

image=/vmlinuz