Re: Kernel 2.6.xx

On Monday 11 April 2005 09:41, Ryan Heise wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 08:18:20AM +0200, Atanas Atanasov wrote:
> > I am afraid the same might happen to me. That's why my initial idea
> > was to use the ready cd-images and have them burned.
>
> According to:
>
>     http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/weekly/i386/
>
> there are 14 CDs in the set, which seems a bit too many for me as I am
> short on both CDs and bandwidth. Is there a minimum subset that will
> work?
>
> It would still be good if the network drivers were included in the
> netinst CD, but how can I tell which versions of which drivers are
> included in a particular release of the debian installer? At the moment,
> I've used up all of my CDs by trial and error.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ryan
instead of paying for cd's that will last for 1 week, just go and buy from
ebay xircom realport pcmcia. It will cost about 15$ and it worth every penny.
I heve this card and it works perfect. Ofcorse you can choose to buy another
pcmcia network card, but make sure that it works with the debian
installation.
I think it the best way to go, because it will make your life much easier in
your next installations.

kfir