Re: small laptop with only floppy drive

ok here is the deal i have another really nice laptop with windows xp
on it.  i tried to dual boot into windows and debian and it wouldnt
let me into debian.  so i tried to put windows back on.  while in the
process of doing this something locked up and i rebooted.  now it wont
let me install anything.  when i try to boot into windows it locks up
at the windows screen then reboots.  when i try to boot into dos it
locks up at the mup.sys file.  i have googled the mup.sys file and it
gives me crap.  so i made a knoppix cd. it will let me boot into
knoppix, but i dont have any privileges as i dont know knoppix's su
password.  i want to install debian but dont know how to.  when i boot
into knoppix and run partition image i get three different drives in
the menu.  i know what two of them are but cant figure out the third
and it wont let me do anything as i am not su.  please help any way u
can.

thanks,

brandon