Re: small laptop with only floppy drive

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 06:26:02PM -0300,
 A. C. Censi <accensi@gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 38 lines which said:

> An alternative is to use another Linux computer and connect it to
> your notebook thru the parallel interface. It is old fashioned but
> works: http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/PLIP-Install-HOWTO.html

Another network solution is to use PPP over a serial null-modem cable
since even a very old laptop has a serial port.

I used this solution on an old Compaq Armada (no CD, no Ethernet) but
it was with "slink", I did not test it with "sarge" :-) The base
system is much larger now and I do not know if the install floppy
alone has pppd...