Re: Which kernel module needed for touchpad and USB mouse?

Hi,

> I tried command "insmod psmouse.ko", then I could use
> the touchpad to move the mouse, but I could not focus
> on the application window and launch the application
> by click on the touchpad (the module evdev.ko has been
> loaded).

Try the synaptics touch pad driver packaged as
xfree86-driver-synaptics in Debian.

> The second problem is that there is no any response
> after I connect my USB mouse.  However, the module
> "usbcore, usbmouse" have been loaded.  I tried to load
> all possible module in the
> /lib/module/2.6.8-2.-686/kernel/drivers/usb/input, but
> still do not work.  Need I load other modules?

Do you have the usb driver loaded (e.g. the module uhci_hcd)?
If so, there should be some message in the system logs. And
maybe you need the module usbhid.

Greetings
Steffen