Which kernel module needed for touchpad and USB mouse?

Hi,

When I use kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4, the touchpad and USB
mouse work well.  Recently, I updated to kernel
2.6.8-2-686, I can not use any mouse (including the
touchpad).

I tried command "insmod psmouse.ko", then I could use
the touchpad to move the mouse, but I could not focus
on the application window and launch the application
by click on the touchpad (the module evdev.ko has been
loaded).

The second problem is that there is no any response
after I connect my USB mouse.  However, the module
"usbcore, usbmouse" have been loaded.  I tried to load
all possible module in the
/lib/module/2.6.8-2.-686/kernel/drivers/usb/input, but
still do not work.  Need I load other modules?

Could you tell me how can I enable the USB mouse and
make the touchpad click work?  Thanks.

Long