Dell700m Wireless LED

Hi

I was wondering if somebody knew of a solution to make the Wireless LED active
on a Dell700m laptop running a 2.6.9 kernel, and built IPW2200 driver.

This Dell uses a Hardware handled Switch for the Wireless, which means by FN +
F2 you can enable disable the Wireless Radio. But the LED will not show the
current status, so I have to type iwconfig and see under my Wifi interface,
if it is actually transmitting any power or not. Would be nice to see some
LED activity.

Thanks

Ben