Re: Hints for cpufrequency on a D800 ?

Hi,

The D800 is quite identical to the Inspiron 8600. Any guide which applies to
the Inspiron should be applicate for your system too.

On the Debian stock kernel, it's a question of modprobing the relevant
cpufreq-driver, (I can't remember what yours is called), and starting a
userspace governor. `apt-get install cpufreqd' or `apt-get install
powernowd'.

Compiling your own kernel, you should (IMO) compile that relevant driver into
the kernel (CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_CENTRINO = y in .config), and still run the
governor from userspace.

I believe it's as simple as that.
Regards, Anders Breindahl.