Re: New hibernate shows strange behaviour

at> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> While I was looking for swsusp2 I found a interesting entry in FAQ
>> about booting with normal kernels. I'm attaching it here:
>>
>> http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/HOWTO-4.html#dataloss1
at> Sure, this perfectly descirbes the situation.  But IMHO it would be better
at> if the SwSuspend2 would flush all write operations and work down the
at> journal of your file system to minimize the potential data loss.  While
at> I perfectly know (even before reading the FAQ) that I did something stupid,
at> it is IMHO much better to have a consistent file system at all times when
at> your computer is switched of.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But in this case, it's not swsusp2 failt but hibernate script fault. I
think you can hack it to do a sync before hibernate the system and
then you solve this issue. The problem described there isn't it but
the wrong use of swap when you did a suspend and try to load it with a
normal kernel...

I'm wrong?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R