Re: Laptop safe for flight in planes?

In fact lufthansa is now offering in-flight wireless internet service as well as the FAA thinking about allowing cell phones again.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:56:28 -0500 (EST)
"Syd Alsobrook" <alsobrsp@onsyd.com> wrote:

> briand@aracnet.com said:
> > If you cannot find one, then, the chances are good that the WLAN will
> > not do anything without some sort of initialization, i.e. loading
> > modules.  However you can only be sure if you have access to a
> > spectrum analyzer :-)
>
> I have used several laptops with internal WLAN cards on airplanes. I have never
> experienced a problem, and I was traveling every week. I have even ran in irc server
> that that my fiance and I could communicate during a flight where we had to sit apart.
>
> Syd
>

> --
> -----------
> Protect your privacy.
> http://www.epic.org
> http://www.gnupg.org
> PGP Key ID: 0xB7544D58
>
> "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
> -- Fight Club
>

> --

Loren A. Linden Levy
481 Loomis, Department of Physics
1110 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801-3080
Tel:   217-244-7995   Fax: 217-333-1215
Email: lindenle@uiuc.edu
url:   http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~lindenle/
This email has been cryptographically signed.
Search for "lindenle" at pgp.mit.edu
to obtain my public key which can be used
to verify the authenticity of this message.