Laptop safe for flight in planes?

  Andreas> Hi, my former Laptop had no internal WLAN card so I was
  Andreas> safe that it is no source of any radio frequencies.  But my
  Andreas> new laptop has a cantrino chip with WLAN and I will go for
  Andreas> a quite long flight.  How can I ENSURE that the WLAN module
  Andreas> is completely silent?  Is it enough to use a Kernel which
  Andreas> just does not contain the WLAN modules?

My laptop has a switch on the side of the computer which disables the
internal LAN.  See if you can find one.

If you cannot find one, then, the chances are good that the WLAN will
not do anything without some sort of initialization, i.e. loading
modules.  However you can only be sure if you have access to a
spectrum analyzer :-)

Brian