Re: ACPI problems on AOpen 1557 laptop - solved

Le mardi 22 février 2005 à 13:59 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf a écrit :

> On Tuesday 22 February 2005 05:16 am, Yannick Warnier wrote:
> > Le vendredi 18 février 2005 à 15:53 +0000, Yannick Warnier a écrit :
> > > Le vendredi 18 février 2005 à 14:43 +0000, Yannick Warnier a écrit :
> >
> > OK well, still on this AOpen ACPI problem. What I've come to now is this
> > sleep.sh:
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > # /etc/acpi/sleep.sh
> > # Initiates a suspend to memory [when sleep button is pressed]
> >
> > /sbin/ifdown eth0 &
> > /etc/init.d/mysql stop
> > /etc/init.d/hotplug stop
> > touch /tmp/suspended
> > rmmod b44
> > rmmod ipw2200
> > sleep 1
> > sync
> >
> > echo mem > /sys/power/state
> >
> > sleep 1
> > (
> >   /etc/init.d/hotplug start
> >   /etc/init.d/mysql start &
> >   /sbin/ifup eth0 &
> > ) 2>&1 | logger -t 'acpi-sleep' &
> >

> > ...which gets me almost everything working (as far as I can see) BUT the
> > network. Now I have tried almost everything, I think, and nothing
> > succeeded.
> >
> > The last test I did was operate all operation manually (except for the
> > echo mem > /sys/power/state
> > and when I do this by hand, my network connection is recovered without
> > any problem.
> >
> > But when I use the sleep button, there is no way it will give me my
> > network back (even ifdown eth0; rmmod b44; /etc/init.d/hotplug restart;
> > modprobe b44; ifup eth0; doesn't give anything but "Network is down")
> >
> > Does anybody ever encountered a similar problem or could give me some
> > kind of way of thinking so that I could track it down?
> >
> > Yannick
>
> You try suspending while X is running. Right ? Are you able to restore the
> video while you suspended when X was running.. ?

Yes, no problem with that. Although I had problems before with the
graphical part also, I think (not sure) it has gone since I used rmmod
uhci_hcd and rmmod ehci_hcd. Now lately I have stopped using then
because it appears /etc/init.d/hotplug stop does it for me.

Although, it seemed to me then that the sleep instructions did really
make things more stable, but I have removed a lot of them now and things
seem to go pretty well, except for that @#!?&@  network card :-)

Yannick