Debian and ACPI (or APM?)

Greetings everyone. I'm a newbie in the Debian World. I already install Debian
on my Presario 1700T. I have kernel 2.4.27-2-386. I'm trying to make ACPI work.
AFAIK APM is not available in my laptop, when I check the dmesg I get

#dmesg | grep apm
apm: BIOS not found

#dmesg | grep acpi

shpchp: acpi_shpchprm:get_device PCI ROOT HID fail=0x1001
pciehp: acpi_pciehprm:get_device PCI ROOT HID fail=0x1001

#dmesg | grep ACPI

.
.
ACPI: Subsystem revision 20040326
ACPI: Interpreter disabled
ACPI: ACPI tables contain no PCI IRQ routing entries

I've also read that I have to install some ACPI patches in order to make it
work.

What is exactly what I need? I have check aptitude for acpi stuff, but only the
acpid is available. Can someone help me?

thanks in advance

Gerardo Amaya