Re: 'reboot' in thinkpad 570 will resoult a crash when the kernel is loading

Kfir Lavi wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 February 2005 12:57, Paul Puschmann wrote:
>
>>Kfir Lavi wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>every kernel i have used 2.6.6 - 2.6.9 i have the same problem.
>>>When i run the command 'reboot', the comp will reboot, but when the
>>>kernel comes up, it will crash.
>>>So i need allways to halt the system, in order too reboot it.
>>>Any ideas?
>>>
>>>tnx
>>>kfir
>>
>>Perhaps an error with some hardware modules (not properly unloaded).
>>I had some similar error with SuSE Linux 8.2 and my usb devices.
>>
>>Paul
>
> so how can i check that all the hardware is going down properly?
Hm,
I don't know right now, but if you can reproduce the error with a reboot
and the error does not occur when using an usual shutdown and switching
on again, I this points to some wrong module unload.

Perhaps you can try this by not-loading some hardware modules like usb
or firewire (blacklisting). With SuSE I had problems with usb.

You did search for this problem, I suppose.

Kind regards,
Paul