Re: Kernel load times on a Thinkpad T30....

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 10:37:31AM -0500, Michael R Head wrote:
> Anyone else see this? Is there anything I can do to improve the
> situation?

yes, same with my R32. Since I use the lilo compact option it boots
considerably faster:

# Enable map compaction:
# Tries to merge read requests for adjacent sectors into a single
# read request. This drastically reduces load time and keeps the
# map smaller.  Using `compact' is especially recommended when
# booting from a floppy disk.  It is disabled here by default
# because it doesn't always work.
#
compact