Re: compiling kernels newer than 2.6.8

On 02/01/2005 05:50 pm, Dale Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 09:20:31AM -0400, Derek Broughton elucidated:
> > Given that Pollywog's already been told to use make-kpkg, that would be
> > redundant :-) (ie, make-kpkg always does a make *config)
>
> True, and I was the one who told him.  However it wasn't clear to me
> that he was using make-kpkg, thus best to cover all bases.

Absolutely, and it doesn't hurt if 'make oldconfig' is done twice :)

Thank you all for the help.  I seem to have things working once again, that
GAMMA DRM was the culprit.

I also found that I should 'rm -rf /usr/src/modules/thinkpad/' before
compiling a kernel of a different version than the previous kernel.
Once I did that and untarred a new thinkpad-source, I was able to get the
thinkpad modules to have the correct EXTRAVERSION.  This was a problem
earlier, until I started removing the old (used) sources.

--
sp@mtr@p: croak@shadypond.com