Debian GNU/Linux (especially testing release) IBM laptop proposal

Hi there,

I'm not so patient on how to recognize my hardware on
Linux kernel based systems, specially a non-working
installation makes me sick. So i'm about the change ny
HP Compaq nx5000 (Windows pre-installed version) to a
IBM Thinkpad. Here i'm writing down some required
properties for my (new) laptop in order to priority.
If any of you guys knows any model working well with
Debian GNU/Linux (especially testing release) please
write me down:

  - Max. USD$1350 of price
  - Wireless (at least b/g)
  - Pentium Mobile 735 series Processor (at least
1.6Ghz)
  - At least an 15" monitor (would be real nice if it
supports resolutions more than 1024x768)
  - DVD(+/-)R/RW Recorder (this is a must be, but i
don't care if it works well under Linux, certainly
this will be a dual boot machine)
  - At least 512MB of RAM

I know that this is a hard filter to choose from IBM
series and models, but i have to. As i'm not good to
analyze chipsets on these machines, i'm asking one or
more of you guys to do it for me, or instead of doing
it if you know it already to tell me it's name.

Ok, that's all, thanks for your interests and help.
Sorry about my bad english.