Re: compiling kernels newer than 2.6.8

On 02/01/2005 01:05 pm, Dale Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:58:52PM +0100, Kai Hildebrandt elucidated:
> > Yes, but cramfs is not a recognized initrd filesystem.
> >
> > Kernel 2.4 does also have cramfs suppport.
>
> Oh okay, perhaps make-kpkg is just handling things for me in the
> background.  Because it just seems to work.  *shrug*
>

> Dale

I found the GAMMA DRM in the kernel's config file and disabled it there and
recompiled the kernel and this time, the compile was completed.  I also
removed something called PIIX4 because I found something in the boot messages
indicating this was dangerous for Thinkpads.

Thanks to all who replied.

--

8)

sp@mtr@p: croak@shadypond.com