Re: After building Kernel from source... Upgrading?

On Monday 27 December 2004 10:05 pm, Tyler Schwend wrote:
> The only thing keeping me from building my own slimmed-down Kernel in
> Debian is that I don't want to have to go through the process every
> time I do an apt-get upgrade and a new kernel is released. Is there
> any Debian-way to automate the process of "Ok, you want these modules
> compiled in... we just noticed a new source package... so.. we're
> going to download and compile it with those previous module
> options..."?

It's not exactly like that, but you can at least make it so that your kernel
is managed with dpkg. At that point, it's only a matter of running make
oldconfig and then make-kpkg to create a new kernel.
http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/tutorials/kernel-pkg/index-kernel-pkg.html

--

...Rob
Return address is obfuscated.