After building Kernel from source... Upgrading?

The only thing keeping me from building my own slimmed-down Kernel in
Debian is that I don't want to have to go through the process every
time I do an apt-get upgrade and a new kernel is released. Is there
any Debian-way to automate the process of "Ok, you want these modules
compiled in... we just noticed a new source package... so.. we're
going to download and compile it with those previous module
options..."?