kernel 2.6 and Nokia D211 WLAN/GPRS

I am considering to buy the Nokia D211 WLAN/GPRS pc card on the basis of
a good linux compatibility. At tuxmobil website there is even a linux
driver guide but it is quite old (2002 released) and mentioning a
2.4.16 kernel as "test kernel". My question is: does this card work well
with new 2.6 kernel series and can I use the cardbus module instead of
pcmcia-cs?? I am currently using the cardbus module to successfully
manage the card socket.
--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.