Re: Hotplug vs. cardmgr (was: Anyone using Prism54?)

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:30:07PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I'm also looking for any easy and fast way to (graphically) crop the
> image into a 1.33 ratio image and then scale it down to 640x480.  Gimp
> works ok, but it's a few steps and I need to do it with a bunch of
> images.

The motivated one can learn an inifinte amount of
information about the Gimp: it's got its own list-based
language, and you can definitely do a script similar to that
(I remember writing on that would automatically prompt for a
filename, save the current image at 640x480 and a thumbnail
at 60x40 (or whatever)). Honestly, it's more effort that
it's worth if all you want to do is resize.

I'd suggest having a look at convert(1) from imagemagick,
which does all that through a command line interface (my
favourite :) ).

> I don't normally like file managers, but using Endeavour2's image
> browser is helpful.  Plus it's a drag-n-drop into gimp. Any other
> cool tools.  (I use icewm.)

Don't know endeavour, but for image browsing I find the
embarrassingly-named pornview to be quite good. All it's
missing IMO is the ability to save images after rotating
them (it's a browsing-only program)

Y.