Re: OT: Help needed for disassembling Toshiba Satellite 5100-603

I have a Gateway Solo 2550 (~5yrs old) that I've managed to take apart.
There are screws along the back that holds one piece down. This piece is the chunk that is above the keyboard and wraps around where the lcd screen connects. I do have to pry it a little , but once it's out I can see the keyboard screws(4) along the top row. Unscrew them, and the keyboard just lifts out. That reveals 2 or 3 more screws holding down the case, and also allows me to slide the touchpad out. Removing the touchpad reveals 3 more screws. Also, open bays on the bottom of the case - they may reveal screws,. For example my battery bay hides one.

HTH
PaulNM