Re: buy new laptop

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 12:43:42PM +0100, Johannes Zarl wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:47:46AM +0100, ?rjan Persson wrote:
> > Fusco Francesco (javadev@tiscalinet.it) wrote:
> > > Could you tell me what is the best laptop to buy for working linux?
> > > What's about the Acer TM803? It is well-supported?
>
> I have one myself and almost everything works. The things I didn't get
> to work are the multimedia-keys(there are four special buttons for
> browser, mail, etc.) and the "scroll-button" near the touch-pad.

Try acme for the multimedia buttons. It got the buttons on my sony vaio
to work when everything else failed (you will need to configure it to
do what you want with them though if it works).

> I have problems getting swsusp to work(with 2.4.23), but I think the
> problem here lies with my version of swsusp and its swapfile-handling.

What version, whats failing ? Did you try the swsusp-devel list for
help. A lot of friendly useful people there ;-)