Re: buy new laptop

On Thursday 05 February 2004 23:27, Micha Feigin wrote:
<snip/>
> Try acme for the multimedia buttons. It got the buttons on my sony vaio
> to work when everything else failed (you will need to configure it to
> do what you want with them though if it works).
This unfortunately won't for me. These buttons don't generate keycodes, they
have to be read out of the bios, AFAIK. There are some projects dealing with
acer-multimedia-buttons(acertm and acerhk), but they don't support the
tm8xx-series.

> > I have problems getting swsusp to work(with 2.4.23), but I think the
> > problem here lies with my version of swsusp and its swapfile-handling.
>
> What version, whats failing ? Did you try the swsusp-devel list for
> help. A lot of friendly useful people there ;-)

I'm running kernel 2.4.24 patched with bootsplash(3.0.7 for 2.4.23), swsusp
for 2.4.24, rev3, and swsusp core-patch 2.0-rc5. Suspend.sh is v.0.18.

Suspending works fine (both via /proc/acpi/sleep and /proc/swsusp/activate)
and doesn't produce any errors. However when trying to resume, swsusp
recognizes the image and tells me "Reading kernel & process data" and remains
there forever. Enabling debugging output shows that it actually reads kernel
and process data(at least for me it looks like this ;), but then idles
indefinitely ("swsusp_num_active is 0, Idle for 250 jiffies").

The problem occurs both with real swap and swapfiles. At first I had scsi in
my kernel, but this is now compiled as module and is unloaded by the
hibernate-script.

Perhaps I should mail the swsusp-devel list, but I I should look in their
archive first, which I had no time to do yet;-)

Greetings,
  Johannes