LID button Event ACPI malfunction

When I shut down, my machine goes into suspend to ram twice. I have to wake it
up, and it goes further, sleeps again, wake it up, and finally shuts down. I
just had ACPI worked out, and since just recently I can go to suspend to RAM
and DISK as well. Now, why a shut down triggers a suspend-to-ram?

WHen I look at the LID button under ACPI

it says

state: closed

It is clearly not closed, as I am looking at the screen. :)

I have an ACPI event that gets triggered when I REALLY close the lid, and that

Here is the event

And here is the script

And finally here is /sbin/sleep, that was written by me for the machine's
special needs (like module unloading, video_post etc.)

rmmod b44
echo "mem" > /sys/power/state
#echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
modprobe i830