Re: Black screen problem with vga text mode

Quoting Sam Longon (samlongon@gmail.com):
> > Can you tell me how you found about the vga=0x303 option? I need to
> > troubleshoot a video adapter problem myself and would like to read about the
> > various options I may use.
> I forget where I found them. But this is what I found:
> ??????   640x480 800x600 1024x768 1280x1024
> ??????256 0x301  0x303   0x305 0x307
> ??????32k 0x310  0x313   0x316 0x319
> ??????64k 0x311  0x314   0x317 0x31A
> ??????16M 0x312 [0x315]  0x318 0x31B
> hope it's helpful.
>
> Regards,
> Sam

I think the file your looking for vesafb.txt which lives in
Documentation/fb/ in the kernel distribution.

HTH,

matt

--
Time exists so that everything doesn't happen at once,
space exists so that everything doesn't happen to you.