Re: follow-up Re: once bitten, twice nvidia
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: follow-up Re: once bitten, twice nvidia
- From: Micha Feigin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:19:05 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20041127160611.GB4101@smeagol>
- References: <20041125094809.GB2635@smeagol> <20041127160611.GB4101@smeagol>
At Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:06:11 -0500,
Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> In the end I was able to get this working using the 5336-1 packages from
> snapshot.debian.net (thanks so much for that recommendation!), and the
> instructions from:
> I've got one leftover problem. Each time I reboot I have to run
> module-assistant again. When I first boot the nvidia module is loaded, but
> XFree86 says that the "glx" module can't be found. After I run
> module-assistant I can run X. Can anyone think of why it's not "sticking"
> when I reboot the machine?
> thanks again for your help and your patience as I worked through the
Can you load the module manually using modprobe? If so try adding the module to
/etc/modules. I recall seeing somewhere something about the modules not loading
fast enough for the nvidia driver.
> Emma Jane Hogbin
> Mobile : 416 417 2868
> Web : www.xtrinsic.com
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-laptop-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
> This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
> at the Tel-Aviv University CC.