Re: DVD on Thinkpad?

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:24:03 +0000, Anthony Campbell
<ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:
> Thanks to both for replies. I already had xine and I've now installed
> the libdvdnav4 package from Sid. These seem to work - at least, when I
> started xine I found it playing a promo piece for Dolby, though I don't
> know where this came from. However, I can't play a DVD disk. This
> contains files of the type:
>
>         *.bup
>         *.ifo
>         *.vob
>
> Which, if any, of these should be playable? (I should say I've never
> tried to use DVD in any medium before.)

Are you mounting the DVD before trying to play it?  That would be
wrong, if you are, and will prevent xine from accessing the disc.
>From xine, you should just hit the button labelled "DVD" (or whatever
it is for the skin you're using).  You might need libdvdcss (google is
your friend) as well.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh