Re: DVD on Thinkpad?

On 19 Nov 2004, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> On 19 Nov 2004, Loïc Minier wrote:
> > Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> - Fri, Nov 19, 2004:
> >
> >> Then, in /usr/share/doc/libdvdnav3/examples is a script that will
> >> download and install the 'libdvdcss' package for you.
> >
> > Or you might prefer the Debian repository:
> > http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-debian.html
>
> The script in question fetches a .deb package automatically, but adding
> that to apt and manually downloading would have the same effect.
>
> Regards,
>         Daniel
> --

Thanks to both for replies. I already had xine and I've now installed
the libdvdnav4 package from Sid. These seem to work - at least, when I
started xine I found it playing a promo piece for Dolby, though I don't
know where this came from. However, I can't play a DVD disk. This
contains files of the type:

	*.bup
	*.ifo
	*.vob

Which, if any, of these should be playable? (I should say I've never
tried to use DVD in any medium before.)

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic