Re: DVD on Thinkpad?

On 19 Nov 2004, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Has anyone gog a Thinkpad R40e to show DVD?
> If so, any pointers to what needs doing on this machine?

Install the 'xine' package from Testing or Unstable.  I don't believe it
is present in stable.

This should pull in the 'libdvdnav3' package, but if not install that
yourself.

Then, in /usr/share/doc/libdvdnav3/examples is a script that will
download and install the 'libdvdcss' package for you.

Note that this is not needed to view DVD content that is not encrypted
with CSS, and may be illegal where you live.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
It's disconcerting to realize how little you have to say to
someone who once occupied such a prominent place in your bed.