Re: Trying to achieve hi-res console (framebuffer)

Kevin Collins wrote:
video=vesa:mtrr,ywrap,vga=791
video=vesa:mtrr,ywrap,vga=0x317
video=vesafb:mtrr,ywrap,vga=791
video=vesafb:mtrr,ywrap,vga=0x317
video=vesafb:1024x768@60
video=radeonfb:mtrr,ywrap,vga=791
video=radeonfb:mtrr,ywrap,vga=0x317
video=radeonfb:1024x768@60
vga=791
> Has anyone been able to use a 2.6.x kernel and get a hi-res
> framebuffer?

I have switched from 2.4.27 to 2.6.9 (self-rolled) and my video=matroxfb:vesa:0x107 works almost as before. Things that are different now are the name change (matrox vs. matroxfb) and that fbset -a does not change the frequency on all consoles anymore. (someone said it should be switched in single user, but i haven't tried it yet)

> Of those that can, can you post the relevent portions of your kernel

CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
CONFIG_FB_MATROX=y
CONFIG_FB_MATROX_G450=y