Re: diagnosing devastating startup failure

Federico Cepeda wrote:
Try disconnecting the battery and connecting it again, or try using it with the battery off the computer, and so on. I am by no means sure if this will work, but it's easy, so you might as well try it. It saved me a couple of times when my Compaq wouldn't boot, however I hadn't open mine.

Good luck!

FC

hey, that was it! thanks a lot. the hd was located behind the battery, so I might have jiggled something back there when I changed it.

really appreciate it...

.''`.       Matt Price

: :'  :      Debian User

`. `'` 	     & hemi-geek