Installing onto a PPC iBook (clamshell)

Hello group,

  I've been able to install Debian 3.0 onto my old iBook 300Mhz (clamshell)
and I found that I'm having a problem trying to nail down the correct video
settings to get the Xwindow server running correctly.  The laptop starts up
and the Xserver tries to launch but I get an error and it kicks back to the
command line.  I've gotten as far as experimenting with the x86config tool
and dpkg-reconfigure xfree86 but my I suspect the horizontal and vertical
refresh rates are wrong.  I can't find specs anywhere online that works.
This is an 800x600max ati rage mobility 4mb card.  (eh..)  Any help getting
my display up and running out there would be appreciated!

----
Alan Ramos