hi, and thanks RRPotratz,

Im trying to install debian for the first time on a Compaq Armada 4210t, 3Gb HD, 96Mb RAM, P233, laptop without CDR-drive and with the network card in the docking bay. Im told that I will not get the built in card to work under linux, so today I did the mistake that I went and bought the first ann cheapest PCMCIA card i could find, a topcom, skyr@acer, 3011 card, which iam not able to get to work.

Is there a list of supported PCMCIA cards that work for debian floppy/net install (or linux in general ) ?