KDE System Notifications

Hey everyone,

I am running a 2.6.8 kernel with ALSA. In KDE, XMMS, MPlayer, and all the
other media players work fine. Furthermore, when I press "Test Sound" in the
Sound System section of the Control Center, a sound is played (even if XMMS
is playing in the background). However, I get none of the so called "System
Notifications" sounds.

Google comes up with a lot of people having this same problem, yet nobody
seems to have an answer that applies to my case. Does anyone have any
suggestions? Please share!

Thanks in advance...

FC