Re: KDE System Notifications

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Fede wrote:
<<I am running a 2.6.8 kernel with ALSA. In KDE, XMMS, MPlayer, and all the
other media players work fine. Furthermore, when I press "Test Sound" in the
Sound System section of the Control Center, a sound is played (even if XMMS
is playing in the background). However, I get none of the so called "System
Notifications" sounds.>>

Out of curiousity, is yours a knoppix hdinstall?  I tried that a while
back and couldn't get any of my system sounds either.  After a HD crash,
I installed debian itself, and not only have I been much happier with a lighter system, but my system sounds
are back.  I also am running a 2.6.8 kernel. Not sure if this applies to
your case, but perhaps it will be helpful.

If it is a knoppix hdinstall, you can check these links

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12054
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13366
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13493

Hope those help