Java install (was: No sound after installing KDE...

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 12:52, Robert Goley wrote:
> Here is a set of instructions on converting it to a debian archive using
> the java-package utilities.   It is really easy.  you just type about 2
> or three commands.  Here is the URL
> http://frassle.rura.org/Directory/index?feed=806.

Interesting.  Previously I have always downloaded the .rpm, run it through
alien, and install the .deb.  Seems simpler, though it had the same problem
the author of that link ran into - with the JDK 1.5 filename not being
recognized.  The 1.4 versions were fine.

--
derek