Re: Touchpad functionality dissappeared for no apparent reason!

On September 28, 2004 02:27 pm, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:43:08PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>
> > I was missing uhci-hcd in there.  Let's see if it helps.  Thanks.
>
> wait, this depends on your controller (see 'lspci -v | grep -i usb')

No, I am using uhci-hcd, so that's OK.

> > As I mentioned somewhere in this thread, I actually have evdev & psmouse
> > compiled in now, too, so that might screw things up.  Next time I do a
> > kernel
>
> yes, it will... compiled-in modules will be initialized obviously before
> what you load when the boot process ends, while we need to load psmouse
> _after_ the usb controller module.

Except that it wasn't working before - but that must be because I didn't have
uhci installed.  I had worked out the need to get hid and evdev installed
before psmouse, when I was first working with a 2.5 kernel, at the time uhci
didn't seem to be a problem.

I recompiled yesterday and, sure enough, it's now working whether I start with
the USB mouse connected or not.  There's got to be a better way than this,
though...
--
derek