Re: Touchpad functionality dissappeared for no apparent reason!

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:43:08PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> On September 28, 2004 08:47 am, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 03:46:23PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
[...]
> I have agpgart and intel-agp compiled in, don't use cpufreq, radeon, pcspkr,
> speedstep or sonypi, so that leaves:
>
> >       uhci-hcd
> >       hid
> >       evdev
> >       psmouse

hehe, sorry for the garbage :) I just included the full /etc/modules

> I was missing uhci-hcd in there.  Let's see if it helps.  Thanks.

wait, this depends on your controller (see 'lspci -v | grep -i usb')

> As I mentioned somewhere in this thread, I actually have evdev & psmouse
> compiled in now, too, so that might screw things up.  Next time I do a kernel

yes, it will... compiled-in modules will be initialized obviously before
what you load when the boot process ends, while we need to load psmouse
_after_ the usb controller module.
hmmm... let me see if I can still find my old post on lkml.... found!
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107512645524219&w=2

> compile, I'll definitely leave evdev & psmouse out, as it didn't help at all.

this is the only workaround I'm aware of.

--
mattia
:wq!