Re: Testing on Inspiron 5150 (or 5160)

H. S. wrote:

[...]

I learn that the BIOS that Dell is giving out, later than A08 if I am not wrong, causes some troubles with ACPM or something like this? Sorry, am not familiar with laptop so feel free to explain things to me.

Thanks,
->HS

Hello H. (?),

i have an a 5150 (the one with ATI graphics, older version) and so far i can say everything works quite fine. Although i first had troubles with ACPI (kind of description and access-point to components like processor frequency, temperature etc.), now it seems to work fine. I am actually running sarge/some sid on it.

If you have any detailed questions, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Best,

Dirk