Re: Touchpad functionality dissappeared for no apparent reason!

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 19:46, Derek Broughton wrote:

> But isn't that exactly what's supposed to happen?  If you don't have your
> floppy drive inserted, you hardly need to have a /dev/fd0.

I suppose it is, I just wasn't expecting it!

> >  but re-booting without my USB mouse attached has not revived my touchpad
> Did you (not) always have to do that?

No.  They used to work simultaneously.

> 'modprobe psmouse' (will also insert hid and evdev, maybe others)

Instant success!  They are now both working simultaneously again.
'psmouse' is not blacklisted so I've still no idea why it stopped being loaded at
boot-time.  If I fiigure it out I'll post here.

Re: your set-up, it seems counter-intuitive to me but the following modules are
blacklisted in my set-up and I had, (and now have again), both working no problem.

usb-uhci
usbcore
#these drivers are very simple, the HID drivers are usually preferred
usbmouse
usbkbd

Thanks for your time Derek.

sebyte