Re: accessing other partition

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 13:35, Derek Broughton wrote:
> You don't need the module _loaded_.  mount will do that.

I think this is dependant on which distribution and also whether you are
using the autoloader or not.

> > mount -t ntfs /dev/hda2 /mnt
>
> mkdir /mnt/win
> mount -t ntfs /dev/hda2 /mnt/win
>
> You don't really want to mount anything directly on /mnt, do you?

Not sure that theres any need to get pedantic - however for the sake of
an example who cares ?  And to answer your question - yes I do mount
stuff off /mnt - why wouldn't I ?  Its an empty directory by default.

--
Andrew Porter