Re: accessing other partition

When you use mount you either have to tell it enough information to
mount the device or it will look in /etc/fstab for clues.

You will need to have ntfs support (read-only) either compiled into your
kernel or the module loaded and then tell mount exactly what you want to
do -

mount -t ntfs /dev/hda2 /mnt

or add an entry into fstab to give it the clues it needs/

--
Andrew Porter