Re: Problem getting ALSA working on Dell Inspiron 4150

On August 31, 2004 11:20 am, Juraj Ziegler wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 11:10:07AM -0300, Alejandro Vartabedian wrote:
> > what about 'discover' it?
> >
> > good luck!
> >
> > pd: apt-get install discover
> > i suggest replace hotplug by discover
>
> Can be :). I have no experience with discover and hotplug works for me.
> You know the old saying - "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".
>
> In which areas is discover better than hotplug?

I really doubt discover is "better".  It's completely different - and static.
Discover manages to find things on my system that aren't hotplug-able, but it
takes hotplug to handle things like USB and PCMCIA that can be removed and
reinserted.
--
derek