Re: Problem getting ALSA working on Dell Inspiron 4150

On August 31, 2004 06:17 am, Juraj Ziegler wrote:

> On a 2.6.x kernel, I would rather give up modprobe.conf and just run the
> hotplug daemon. Works fine for all PCI, USB and PCCard/PCMCIA devices. At
> least on all my machines :).

Can you give a bit more detail?  I'm not sure how one would go about
eliminating modprobe.conf - so many things seem to use it.  Particularly
alsaconf (alsa-utils).  Do you not even need alsaconf?  To actually remove
module-init-tools would remove hotplug too, so you can't totally give up
modprobe.conf.

derek@iago:~$ apt-cache rdepends module-init-tools
module-init-tools
Reverse Depends: