usb modem recomendations

Hello all!

I am looking for a usb modem which works without big trouble with
Debian/GNU Linux. Though I have some modem built in my Acer Travelmate
800, it needs still some work to be made functional. I am running a
self-compiled 2.6.7 kernel with testing/unstable.
Nevertheless I need a modem anyway during the next weeks (for another
machine), therefore I would prefer a easy solution.

Who has any particular recomendations? Do these devices work anyway
without big trouble?

Thank you, Martin Bock